[Geany] New Release: Geany 0.8

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Aug 11 18:18:45 UTC 2006

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:51:37 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 8/9/06, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Geany 0.8 has been released.
> >
> > Changes since Geany 0.7:
> > [snip]
> > * Added functionality to uncomment code.
> >

> Although not directly related to uncommenting, if I create a new
> document, and put this in it:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is some quoted text.
>
> select it all, and then choose either of "Edit --> Format -->
> {Comment|Uncomment} Line", Geany segfaults.
Fixed. The segfault was independent from the inserted text, it occurred
as soon as you try to (un)comment when a new file is opened, it didn't
matter whether some text is selected or not.
You have to define a filetype first and then comment a selection or
line. The reason is Geany has to know how to comment, Geany can't know
how to comment text in a file without a type.