[Geany] New Release: Geany 0.8

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Thu Aug 10 16:51:37 UTC 2006

On 8/9/06, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Geany 0.8 has been released.
>
> Changes since Geany 0.7:
> [snip]
> * Added functionality to uncomment code.

Although not directly related to uncommenting, if I create a new
document, and put this in it:

> Hi,
>
> This is some quoted text.

select it all, and then choose either of "Edit --> Format -->
{Comment|Uncomment} Line", Geany segfaults.

What I was actually looking for is a way to "quote" and unquote email
reply text. I actually find myself needing that feature every now and
then, and it's nice if my main editor can do it with one simple
command (after selecting the text I want (un)quoted). Otherwise I
often open the doc in NEdit and use that (it's under their Macro
menu). I see though that I can use a regex search and replace to do
it, but that doesn't handle the case where I want to easily pick and
choose what I want quoted (by selecting the text with the mouse).

I realize I could do it with sed as well, but I'm lazy, and if my
editor can do it quickly I tend to use that. :)

Thanks,
---John