[Geany] hi, and status?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Apr 9 21:19:18 UTC 2006

On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 21:15:58 +0200, Boštjan Špetič
<igzebedze at kiberpipa.org> wrote:

Hi,

> first i'd like to say, that i really like geany. i never could get
> used to emacs, vi and similar text stuff, and since i use scripting
> languages i don't really need the full blown eclipse and such, and
> until geany i was very much dissatisfied with programmers editors in
thanks ;-), this is the reason why I wrote Geany.

> linux. the main thing i missed was symbols browser, which is found
> very rarely (i don't understand why)...
>
> so, i am curious about what's happening with 0.6?
I'm working on it, but there are still some things to do.
Please be patient, I think next week or in two weeks, I will have good
news.

> and for a feature requset - a directory tree browser tab in the
> sidebar would be very handy... ;)
Well, this was requested two times before. But I don't want to
implement this, at least not in near future. I think this would result
in too much code, for too less use. Perhaps, it will go into 0.7 or
above.

regards,

Geany, a lightweight IDE using GTK2 - http://geany.uvena.de