[Geany] Geany bug 0.5

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Apr 8 13:52:03 UTC 2006

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 01:01:29 -0400, "Ali Shah" <caffeinebot at gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi,

> Hi there, I have experienced some weird seg faults- when I try to
> change the terminal type in preferences to aterm from xterm, geany
> immediatly seg faults. I ran it through GDB and here is what have
immediately? At my system Geany only when quitting after set terminal
type to anything other than xterm.

> been able to fish out:
>
> (gdb) run
> The program being debugged has been started already.
> Start it from the beginning? (y or n) y
> Starting program: /usr/local/bin/geany
>
> (process:14270): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib
>
> (process:14270): Gdk-WARNING **: cannot set locale modifiers
Are these messages related to the VTE problem?
Because I get lots of these messages:

** (geany:5455): CRITICAL **: _vte_termcap_find: assertion `termcap !=
NULL' failed

What is your locale?

After searching the net, neither the Xfce terminal nor the
gnome-terminal use vte_terminal_set_emulation() but Geany does. And the
VTE distribution contains only termcap files for xterm. So possibly VTE
can't use another setting than xterm.

Why did you want to change the emulation type?

regards,

Geany, a lightweight IDE using GTK2 - http://geany.uvena.de