[Geany-i18n] [ANN] Geany 1.37 is out!

Colomban Wendling colomban at xxxxx
Sun Oct 25 18:48:36 UTC 2020

We are happy to announce a new release of Geany!

For a comprehensive list of changes please see:
https://www.geany.org/documentation/releasenotes/

Some highlights:

* Save main and project configuration whenever documents are
  opened/closed to reduce accidental loss of current session in the
  event of a crash (can be disabled).
* Fix a possible crash when quitting (Hodong & Guido Falsi).
* Show OS info in debug messages which can and should be included in bug
  reports to ease support and debugging.
* Update Scintilla to version 3.21.1.
* Add BibTeX (Mirco Schoenfeld) and Smalltalk (Snowflake the Pony).
* Update FreeBasic, JavaScript (dmitryunruh), Lua (Filip Szymański) and
  Python filetypes.
* Support programming ligatures (like Fira Code font) on Windows.
* New translations: ie
* Updated translations: da, de, el, es, fr, id, it, ja, lv, nl, pl, pt,
  ru, sk, sv, zh_CN

This is the last release supporting GTK+2 and Windows i686 binary
builds. Starting with the next release, Geany will require GTK3, a C++17
compiler (like GCC 7.3 or Clang 4.0) and Windows binary builds will only
be provided for the x86_64 architecture.

We want to thank all developers, translators and everyone who
contributed to this release with patches, feedback, bug reports and so
on. Thank you!

As usual, all downloads can be found on
https://www.geany.org/download/releases/.

- Colomban