[Geany-i18n] [Geany-Devel] String freeze for Geany 1.36 - pt_PT translation update

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Sep 23 14:23:40 UTC 2019

Le 23/09/2019 à 07:43, Lucas Vieites a écrit :
>   translator_credits is a special string in gettext, I'm not sure that
> it can be replaced. Have a look
> at https://wiki.gnome.org/TranslationProject/LocalisationGuide for some
> more background information.

AFAIK it's not special per se, it's just used specially inside GNOME.  I
wonder if there's really a reason why it's not "translator-credits"
indeed, because I fail to see any technical reason why this would be
problematic and it would solve right away the confusion with
accelerators (which is mentioned in the linked document as well).

This said, in our particular case this string is pointless, because it
comes from an embedded library but that very string is never displayed,
so it could even be dropped.

@Matthew, how would you feel about changing this to translator-credits
or another way to prevent the issue at hand, given that IIUC anyway the
library doesn't have an upstream anymore?

Cheers,
Colomban