[Geany-i18n] Incorrect russian translation of overview plugin

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Fri Jan 15 08:22:47 UTC 2016

On 2016-01-14 7:25 PM, Baurzhan Muftakhidinov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In Russian writing "Обзор Документа" is incorrect - it should be
> "Обзор документа"
>
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 4:21 AM, Yan Pashkovsky <yanpaso at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Oh, I've forgot to mention original naming, it is "затемнение". How can
>> I participate in renaming? I may provide git patch of ru.po (or just new
>> .po file)
>> By the way are there any plans to move to transifex or launchpad
>> translations? :) Seems to be handy tools

>>> Not a native, but somehow I like Обзор Документа  more -- sounds nice ;)

Is it customary to translate the "proper name" of a piece of software?

I figured it wasn't so I didn't mark the plugin name as translatable,
but I see a few places in the UI file where I used it as a proper name
but neglected to correctly capitalize it (I guess that's where the
strings in question come from?)

Should I mark the plugin name as translatable?

Also, is it worthwhile to fix the capitalization in the English UI strings?

Cheers,
Matthew Brush