[Geany-i18n] Way to update pt_BR translation (this applies to other languages as well...)

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Mon May 18 05:59:46 UTC 2015

Am 17.05.2015 um 21:09 schrieb Frank Lanitz:
> Hi,
>
> Am 17.05.2015 um 20:59 schrieb Felipe Braga:
>> I understood a thing: the github po file
>> (https://github.com/geany/geany/blob/master/po/pt_BR.po) seems
>> outdated -> the line numbers for the string in the code don't
>> correspond to the entries in the .po file (as in po/pt_BR.po). That
>> seems is very strange to me, as the references to line numbers in the
>> code from http://i18n.geany.org/pt_BR.po corresponds to the code in
>> https://github.com/geany/geany (the po/ there is outdated, but there
>> are recent commits involving the files...)
>
> The po file inside git master is only updated right in front of an
> upcoming release aka "string freeze" or if there is an update done.
> Everything else would cause a to high noise as changing only few lines
> inside code will cause an patchset of maybe 500 lines per translation. A
> solution like transiflex is not yet in place.

Just an example: I've just update one string inside German translation
and regenerated po-file for it:
[master 7553815] Small Update of German translation

Frank