[Geany-i18n] Some problems about Chinese (Simplified) translation

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sun Feb 15 15:21:06 UTC 2015

Am 15.02.2015 um 10:41 schrieb Vic Luo:
> I'm working on Chinese(Simplified) translation for geany-plugins for
> some time with some questions:
>
>  1. My translation is based on the po file from git/master of
>     geany-plugins, is it the latest version?

No. This file is only updated once a new translation is submitted and/or
the string freeze for an upcoming release has been done.

Daily generated po-files are available via
http://i18n.geany.org/plugins/
or by cloning geany-plugins sources and updating translation catalogue
on your own by e.g. run ./waf update or make updatepo.

>  2. The latest Chinese(Simplified) translation was done in 2009, and I
>     found many mismatched/outdated translations, should I correct or
>     just keep them?

There has been no update for a very long time. If you think, you got a
better translation or just add bit improving the translation: Go ahead.
If you like, you could try to get in contact to previous translators for
e.g. reviewing updates.

Cheers,
Frank