[Geany-i18n] plugins translation issues

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Feb 25 15:19:08 UTC 2013

Le 25/02/2013 08:43, Matthew Brush a écrit :
> On 13-02-24 03:08 PM, cmasa wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please check them:
>>
>> 1) Waf script cannot copy scope.glade into geany plugins data directory,
>> but old method ( ./autogen.sh + make + make install ) does it.
>> 2) Markdown plugin configure page does not use localized strings.
>
> I used _() macro around the strings[1] in Markdown config GUI, is there
> more I need to do to make it work?

Yes, you also need to have GETTEXT_PACKAGE defined *before* the
glib-i18n header is included, otherwise it defines _(s) as a no-op.  So
basically, remember to include config.h before everything in the files
containing translations.

Also as Frank pointed out, you didn't use the appropriate macro to have
basic info translated in the plugin manager.

Regards,
Colomban