[Geany-i18n] Hello Everyone

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sat May 26 06:49:16 UTC 2012

Hi Pradeep,

Sorry for late response....

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 17:44:04 +0530
Pradeep <peeps35 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am Pradeep from Chennai, INDIA. I am interested in
> opensource projects (editors especially). I have contributed couple
> of plugins to Mozilla'a skywriter ( a browser based editor). I really
> like to contribute few plugins to GEANY. I was searching for the dev
> env set up for Geany. But couldn't find any doc on the same. Can
> someone give me some pointer to set up my development environment?

Maybe you questions is better severed at at geany-devel
mailinglist. However: There not much a Geany development environment may
you might know from Eclipse etc.

You can check out the code for github for either Geany itself [1] or
its plugins collection [2] repository and compile Geany as described
inside the documentation. Now you are ready to start you own
development. Inside Geany source code you will find a file called
HACKING, which is giving you some more details e.g. about coding style
or how to debug with gdb. If you want to start a new plugin, you might
like to have a look at short plugin howto at [3]

I'm afraid I don't know what might other questions you have related to
this asI'm doing it for >5 years now and I might lost some
basic, important information which is not necessarily to
everybody ;) So please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Frank

[1] https://github.com/geany/geany
[2] https://github.com/geany/geany-plugins