[Geany-i18n] <crap>

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Jun 20 21:25:42 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 19/06/12 23:34, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I guess all these emails are spam, or a bad joke?  Anyway, any idea how
> to get rid of them?  We already have 8 of them...

oops.
I didn't even notice those mails on the list as my spam filter detected
the mails as spam and sort them into my spam folder instead of the list
folder.

On 20/06/12 10:57, Lucas Vieites wrote:>   Hi,
>   Hi,
>   if I recall correctly there's a way to ban a domain name from
>posting to
> the list. More info here:
> http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030555

This is not a solution. I'm not really keen of blocking *my* email
address on the list...:).

The real problem is that those spam kiddies use the list address itself
as well as my email address in the From header. This is enough for the
list to accept the message as I'm subscribed.
This kinda sucks (as spam in general.

For now, I enabled rejecting mail based on DNS blacklists. This will
hopefully reduce those kind of spam (if it were activated it would have
helped but since uvena.de is my private mail server I was a bit
hesitating activating it until now. So far I only had it logging so I
could verify those mails would have been blocked).

Some time in July, I'll move the mailing lists to the geany.org server
(and announce it before), when doing this, I will also check options how
to better protect the lists itself against such forms of spam.