[Geany-i18n] String freeze for Geany 1.22

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sat Jun 9 08:52:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 09:58:28 +0200
Jean-Philippe Moal <skateinmars at skateinmars.net> wrote:

> I'm currently updating the french translation and I have a couple
> questions about some new strings :
>
> - Should we translate the copyright string in src/about.c ?
> The "All rights reserved." part may be localized, thought I'm unsure
> if this really is useful.

I think as American understanding of copyright differs a lot from
European understanding in this part we should translate it in best way
so users are able understand this part better.

> - There is a "Goto Field" string in src/toolbar.c:390 that may be
> incorrect. The string, present in the Customize Toolbar menu,
> designates the toolbar action for jumping to a line by entering its
> number. This action is called "Go to Line" everywhere else, so I
> think this text should be changed to "Go to Line" to match the other
> strings.

Well, I don't a need to change this in prior of release. Maybe caused
by the fact that I don't see a need to change at all at this point. But
I'm really without any big emotions here. Both strings suit in my
opinion.

> - In src/highlighting.c (lines 1343/1344), I'm not sure I fully
> understand the meaning of the warning message.
> Is this warning displayed when the user selected the filetype
> manually from the menu instead of letting Geany detect it
> automatically ?

No. This should be part of the new highlighting color code and have
been introduced by Nick only a couple of days ago. The commit message
was this:

>     Warn user if current filetype might not support color schemes
>
>     If the 'default' style isn't set to a named style, then probably
>     the filetype styles have been overridden with manual colors and
>     may not work properly with color schemes.
>
>     Note: HTML-based filetypes won't show a warning because they don't
>     have a 'default' style (they use 'html_default' instead).
>
>     This is a simple heuristic, but is worth having to avoid some
>     spurious bug reports when using the color schemes dialog.

> Thanks for this new release and congratulations on the switch to git
> and github. I'll try to submit a pull request this time instead of
> sending the full fr.po to the ML. Hopefully I'll do it right :)

I'm looking forward to it ;)

Cheers,
Frank
--