[Geany-i18n] String freeze for Geany 1.22

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Jun 3 16:44:25 UTC 2012

On 03/06/12 18:22, gymka wrote:
> 2012.06.03 19:13, Enrico Tröger rašė:

>>> 1. i builded geany with default options, i didn't enabled
>>> anything, so by default everybody see those strings.
>
>> I guess you built Geany from GIT? If so, debug support is enabled
>> automatically. But it is not when built from a normal release
>> tarball.
>

>>> 2. maybe i changed wrong line, look to geany bottom line there
>>> is "line:x/x" col:x sel:x INS TAB mode: Unix(LF) encoding: UTF-8
>>> filetype:x scope:unknwn pos:x style:x" all these are
>>> translatable except "pos" and "style". so either by default
>>> disable that line or make all strings translatable. it looks bad
>>> then 7 strings is translated and two strings are still in
>>> english.
>
>> As said, this is not meant for normal users. Frank already applied
>> your patch. Either he keeps it and all translators have to live
>> with translating two more strings for no real benefit or he reverts
>> it and saves all the others translaters the trouble. Those strings
>> exists for years already and never were translatable, this is
>> nothing new.
>

> peoples for thousands of years lived in caves, but one day someone
> decided to build house... if it always was so, not means that is good.
> count bugs in software which are not reported... they exists,
> everybody sees them but noone takes theirs precious time and reports it...
>
> for the record: in archlinux repository, geany builded same as i
> builded from git, so atleast asrchlinux users sees that by default.

I just built Geany on ArchLinux from the official PKGBUILD and the Pos
and Style strings are not included in the statusbar. This is obvious,
because Geany is not built with debug support by the ArchLinux PKGBUILD.

Sorry, either you are talking about the GIT Geany ArchLinux package
(which is built with debug support because it is the GIT version) or you
made something wrong :(.