[Geany-i18n] String freeze for Geany 1.22

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Jun 3 16:13:52 UTC 2012

On 03/06/12 18:02, gymka wrote:
> 2012.06.03 18:48, Enrico Tröger rašė:
>> Hey,
>

>> I'm not sure about the search string problem.
>
>>> 2. patch to make strings "pos:" and "style:" translatable
>
>> But those two strings are not translatable on purpose. They are
>> only used when Geany was built with debug information enabled and
>> are not meant to be end-user visible.
>

> 1. i builded geany with default options, i didn't enabled anything, so
> by default everybody see those strings.

I guess you built Geany from GIT? If so, debug support is enabled
automatically. But it is not when built from a normal release tarball.

> 2. maybe i changed wrong line, look to geany bottom line there is
> "line:x/x" col:x sel:x INS TAB mode: Unix(LF) encoding: UTF-8
> filetype:x scope:unknwn pos:x style:x" all these are translatable
> except "pos" and "style". so either by default disable that line or
> make all strings translatable. it looks bad then 7 strings is
> translated and two strings are still in english.

As said, this is not meant for normal users.
Frank already applied your patch. Either he keeps it and all translators
have to live with translating two more strings for no real benefit or he
reverts it and saves all the others translaters the trouble. Those
strings exists for years already and never were translatable, this is
nothing new.