[Geany-i18n] Portuguese Translation for Geany 0.19

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Mon May 31 00:46:57 UTC 2010

On Sun, 30 May 2010 19:31:31 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> > I didn't have the problem stated by Xhacker Liu the Simplified
> > Chinese translator, but in the Build menu the following 3 sentences
> > to not get translated:
> > *Make Custom _Target referenced in build.c:2458, 2634, 2689
> > Make _Object referenced in build.c:2460, 2635, 2697
> > _Make referenced in build.c:2462, 2633
>
> It's the same as Liu's thread: these are user-configurable strings and
> so translating them isn't necessary/the translation isn't used. Maybe
> we shouldn't mark the default strings as translatable at all.

I think I disagree here. Even default values which are getting
initialized on first run should be localized from my point of view. For
example the text inside the notes section might not get understood by a
complete new user which might is not very familiar with English. Of
course the same is applicable of the build menu.

Thanks,
Frank
--
http://frank.uvena.de/en/