[Geany-i18n] ANN: String freeze for Geany 0.19

José Manuel Castroagudín Silva chavescesures at xxxxx
Sun May 30 14:22:07 UTC 2010

2010/5/28 Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de>:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 26 May 2010 21:15:37 +0200
> José Manuel Castroagudín Silva <chavescesures at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Attached is the completed translation for galician (gl).
>
> This has been committed with svn r4955. Due this commit I did
> rerun ./waf --update-po and there are three string still marked as
> fuzzy, but looking for me like correct translated. Maybe you can have
> another look and verify the translation here.

Hi again, Frank,

Yep, there are three strings marked as "fuzzy". This is (for example)
because, when translating, I can not be sure wether "Display" refers
to a "display device", or to the verb "To display". In the first case,
the translation would be (and that's how it is in fact translated)
"Pantalla" (or, perhaps, "visor", but in this case I think it's better
"pantalla"). If it refers to the verb, then the translation would be
"mostrar".

So, what I often do is: translate it (marking as fuzzy when needed),
compile, run, and look for those fuzzy strings. Once I am sure,
"unfuzzy" the strings. But, as I mentioned in a former mail, this time
I could not do it "the right way". So, I checked other languages that
I, more or less, can read, and see what they have done. I don't
remember all the languages I checked, but most of them seemed to
translate it with the meaning of "display device". But not every
language, so I let it as fuzzy.

Anyway, it's just a mark for the translator. If i remember right, the
translated program will show fuzzy strings as well as "unfuzzy" ones.
I am right? Damm, now I am in a doubt, hehe . If anyone could correct
me (if fuzzy strings are not being displayed), I'll mark them as "not
fuzzy", and re-send the file.

Thanks for your comments, and your work. Regards,

> Meanwhile, huge thanks for providing the update.
>
> Thanks,
> Frank
> --
> http://frank.uvena.de/en/