[Geany-i18n] Where's the .po after all

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Fri Mar 5 18:47:23 UTC 2010

Hi Andre,

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 18:17:51 +0000
André Glória <gloria.andre at gmail.com> wrote:

> The recent activity in the mailing list has raised some questions on
> my little head.
> My translation (Portuguese in Launchpad)  has been at 99% for quite
> some time, but that doesn't show up in here: http://i18n.geany.org/.
> And this page is updated every 24h.

This page is based on data from inside subversion/trunk. Translations
done on launchpad don't have any influence on it.

> So, I can download the .po from Launchpad and sent it to the mailing
> list, but, the question is, should I do this every time?

This is hard to say. Basicly I have a look from time to time to
launchpad but do only try to merge anything in front of a release. So
if you think, the current translation over there is in a good shape,
just send it over. Either using the ML or direct to my personal
address.

> And more important, is launchpad updated with new untranslated
> string, or should I be checking in, in another place?

The main resource is the Geany subversion repository. From time to time
I'm uploading the po files to launchpad, but this is more a not regular
task and last update is some time ago. Maybe you can dig deeper into
launchpad processes and do the uploads.

> Sorry if this are silly questions, but I don't want to miss any
> action (aka new release)  ;)

I ensure, we will announce the string freeze for 0.19 some time before,
so there is enough time for a update ;)

Thanks,
Frank
--