[Geany-i18n] Help on help (geany.txt) translation :)

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Mon Jun 21 19:54:11 UTC 2010

Hi,

Sorry for the brief answer. Currently to be honest its not my main
topic :( Will become better soon I hope.

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 14:02:12 +0100
André Glória <gloria.andre at gmail.com> wrote:

> 3) I've been generating the html by explicitly writing *rst2html -stg
> --stylesheet=geany.css ./geany.txt geany.html* this is because
> running *make doc* inside the geany's doc directory gives me the
> *make: *** No rule to make target `doc'.  Stop.* error.
> I'm not sure but I see that in the doc folder there is only the
> Makefile.am and Makefile.in, in "my days" the make tool looked for a
> Makefile file, without any extension. Times change and I probably
> didn't get the memo :p. (I don't write a makefile in quite some
> time...) Where's the problem?

IIRc Makefile will be generated but autotools stuff is still some big
miracle to me.

> 4) I noticed 1 typo in geany.txt and made a little change (added a
> period to a sentence) to have the correct behaviour out of OmegaT.
> I'm thinking, in the end, of sending a patch with the changes I make.
> It's the most practical thing right? Or I shouldn't touch geany.txt
> at all?

Nope. geany.txt can be updated in case of a misspelling, wrong info or
just extension by some useful fact. Just send a patch to geany-devel
mailing list at best so one of the committers can have a look onto
patch and submit it to subversion in case of its a good suggestion.

Cheers,
Frank
--
http://frank.uvena.de/en/