[Geany-i18n] ANN: String freeze for Geany 0.20

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Dec 12 16:25:04 UTC 2010

On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 23:09:30 +0100, Jože wrote:

Hi,

>2. I have a broken waf build system (again, f*** waf, classic make is
>the best!!!). I tried to install 1.6.1 from .tgz, but failed. Problems

You can uae the normal autotools based build. We support both build
systems and users have the coice which to use.
If you don't like, simply run ./autogen.sh resp. ./configure.

>with waf reappered again (with wscript for the 0.19.1, to be honest).

Never ever use a distribution provided Waf version. IMO it's a major
failure that distributions provide Waf packages.
Waf is designed to be shipped with the *application* and so it is for
Geany. The Geany source tarball as well as the SVN version always have
a Waf version included (file called "waf" in the top level source
directory) which is suitable for and tested with the shipped wscript.
If you still have problems with the shipped version, please tell me.

Thank you.