[Geany-i18n] Geany plugins: porting translation of Geany to plugins project

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Jul 16 15:11:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:23:44 +0200, Frank wrote:

>Hi List,
>
>Today I was carious about whether we can reuse translations currently
>included to Geany into the geany-plugins project. So I've copied all po
>files as well as update the LINGUAS file and checked how many strings
>might can be reused. This was the output:
>
>[...]
>
>What do you think about starting the translations doing this step?

I doubt whether adding new half-auto-translated localisations is a good
approach. It probably makes potential new translators think 'there is
already someone translating it but he is doing a bad job. Better leave
him alone'. Or they get just confused.

>From what I see in your posted output, it's about getting something
between 7 to 17 translated messages of more than 400 translatable
mssages at all. Is it worth this?

OTOH, I'd be fine with merging Geany's translation with *existing*
translations of geany-plugins.