[Geany-i18n] Suggestion to alter description of Transpose action

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Dec 13 16:29:20 UTC 2009

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 14:12:04 +0100, Peter wrote:

>In the original text of the source code it states: "_Transpose Current
>Line".
>
>#: ../src/interface.c:495
>#: ../src/keybindings.c:270
>msgid "_Transpose Current Line"
>msgstr "_Verwissel huidige met bovenstaande regel"
>
>I translated this to Dutch into "_Verwissel huidige met bovenstaande
>regel" which actually tells *what* is swapped with *what*: I think it
>will better describe the actual behaviour.
>
>In the original english text I therefore would suggest "_Transpose
>Current Line With One Above". Although the possible misinterpretation
>is only 50%, as the user could think it is swapped with the line below
>the current one, it makes sense to be as clear as possible.

I'm not sure whether it's necessary to bloat the string in that way.
IMO 'transponse' tells what is going to happen.
Though I'm not a native English speaker so I might be wrong.