[Geany-i18n] an interface language preference?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Jun 6 13:00:13 UTC 2008

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 11:48:42 +0400, "Konstantin Pastbin"
<pastk at inbox.ru> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am using geany-0.15svn_r2604 on windows xp2 (russian version).
>
> I there an option to select an interface language? Couldn't find it
> neither in preferences nor in config file.
>
> As far as I understand geany sets language automatically (russian in
> my case) based on the OS locale. But I prefer to use english
> interface. How can I do this?

Yes, in general this is completely enough to rely on OS locale and for
almost every user this is fine (and saves us from the trouble of
making it configurable).

> For now I just deleted 'lib/locale/ru' directory and Geany starts in
> genuine english :)
> But this is a very ugly hack, of course.

Yes ;-).
You can use a simple batch file which sets the environment variable
which defines the application's language to English.
As this was requested already some time ago, I wrote such a file,
available at http://www.uvena.de/tmp/geany_english.bat.

For reference, see
http://lists.uvena.de/pipermail/geany/2008-March/003051.html

P.S.: this is the wrong mailing list, geany-i18n is intended for
translation questions and discussions. But no problem at all.