[Geany-Devel] Order of plugin signal connections

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri May 15 07:21:10 UTC 2020

On Fri, 15 May 2020 at 14:35, Austin Green <austin.green at orcon.net.nz> wrote:

> @Lex:
> > Of course you can't enforce non-suppression, the best you can do is to
> > document it clearly (hint not to forget the documentation :)
>
> Actually you can (and my code currently does) enforce it, simply by ignoring the return value from the g_signal_emit_by_name call.  To make certain, if you don't trust plugin developers, you could pass only a copy of the event data.

Doesn't matter what you do, any handler returning TRUE will stop other
handlers being called within signal_emit before it returns to you.
https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkWidget.html#GtkWidget-key-press-event