[Geany-Devel] Order of plugin signal connections

Austin Green austin.green at xxxxx
Fri May 15 05:18:51 UTC 2020

@Matthew:
> Further to my previous message, you might also inspect the existing
> plugins which are blocking GTK+ signals and see why they're doing that,
> whether on purpose or on accident, and possible ways they can not do that.

They block the key-press-event signal merely by binding to a key.  Geany, in its handling of key-press-event, checks for a key binding that matches, and if found, calls the callback and then prevents the event from going any further (by returning TRUE).  If it didn't, any plugin could receive the same events and assign its own action to the key, and chaos would no doubt be the  result.

Cheers,
Austin.