[Geany-Devel] Order of plugin signal connections

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue May 12 04:02:15 UTC 2020

On Tue, 12 May 2020 at 12:00, Austin Green <austin.green at orcon.net.nz> wrote:

> I need to ensure that one particular plugin will process keyboard events before other plugins get to see them (as some plugins may cause further handling of the event to be suppressed).  Is there a way to achieve that?  I'm guessing that the order of calling the plug init functions is what counts, but it's complicated by plugins being unloaded and reloaded dynamically.

Correct, signals can be added before or after
(https://developer.gnome.org/gobject/stable/gobject-Signals.html#g-signal-connect
and connect_after) but in the face of non-determinism of the order of
in any order) its not possible to guarantee the resulting signal
order.  That appears to be a limitation of the gobject signals
implementation.