[Geany-Devel] Colour scheme woes

Austin Green austin.green at xxxxx
Sun Mar 22 03:43:09 UTC 2020

Thanks for responding, Lex.

On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 12:47:56 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I'm calling it Slick; I've created a slick.conf file, copied from the default.conf,

> Neither grep nor I can find a file called default.conf??????

Ooops, sorry, memory not working; it's been a while.  :)  I must have copied it from some other colorschemes/*.conf, don't remember which.

> Does the lexer for whatever filetype the file is (you didn't say what
> type AFAICT) distinguish function names as a separate style (for eg C
> and C++ do not)?

Ahah, light dawns; I was assuming that the lexer would do just that.  So now at least I know what needs fixing, though I suspect the lexer might be more daunting than the colour schemes.   :-(   But I'll give it a look at least!

> > The documentation doesn't say (anywhere I can see) in which order the multiple .conf files are processed, or which overrides what.

> Nothing in the default .confs overrides anything else.

In the filetypes.common there is a section with this comment:
	[named_styles]
	# This is the Default "built-in" color scheme
which led me to believe that these were the default values that could be redefined by other .conf files; presumably then it must mean only that it is defining the style called "Default", or the one that will be used in the absence of any file type match.

Cheers,
Austin.