[Geany-Devel] How to programmatically de-select text

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Wed Aug 28 11:04:08 UTC 2019

Le 28/08/2019 à 12:38, Austin Green a écrit :
> […]>
> Yes, that's what I tried first.  It only appears to have no selection
> -- as soon as I move the caret, it starts selecting again (even
> without the shift key!)  So appears to have gone into a strange
> extend-selection-just-by-moving mode.  I can make it return to normal
> by hitting ESC and then an arrow key, or by again setting the
> selection start and end points the to the same position.  Weird or
> what?

It would help to know what you're trying to achieve, and what you're
currently doing :)
AFAICT you didn't mention that in either threads -- or I missed it.

FWIW, you can use pretty much all of the Scintilla message API for
interacting with the document, in addition to helpers & co Geany might
expose, see https://scintilla.org/ScintillaDoc.html

Regards,
Colmban