[Geany-Devel] New language in Geany

Tim Tassonis stuff at xxxxx
Tue Aug 6 13:01:37 UTC 2019

On 8/1/19 9:41 AM, KK2000 wrote:
> Dear Geany developers,
>
> I have developed a version of the Geany with native support for the
> GIBIANE language. The git patch is attached and has been tested with the
> latest version of Geany (commit 9c91c287803ae05ce0f2aacd605564301e0ef4aa).
>
> What is the GIBIANE language ?
>
>    The GIBIANE language is the language to control the Cast3M Software.
>
>    Cast3M ( http://www-cast3m.cea.fr/ ) is a finite element software for
> structural and fluid mechanics.
>
>    It is developed by the Department for Modelling Systems and
> Structures (DM2S) from the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy
> Commission ( CEA http://www.cea.fr/english ), and it is widely used
> around the world.
>
>    In Cast3M, the user have access to all source code that control
> algorithms for mechanics calculations.
>
> I and the Cast3M team, would be very grateful if you accept to add the
> GIBIANE native support to the official Geany version.
>
> If you have any questions or suggestions, please come back to me.

Just an observation: this has to be the first time ever to encounter a
programming language that replaces the usual English keywords with
french ones:

SI ((VALEUR DIME) EGA 2)
   SI (EXISTSE TAB1 < PLAN);
     IPLAN = TAB1.<IPLAN;
   SINON;
     ERRE 'TAB1.<PLAN n existe pas';
   FINSI;
FINSI;

I guess in "normal" languages, this would translate to:

IF ((VALUE DIME) EQUALS 2)
   IF (EXISTS TAB1 < PLAN);
     IPLAN = TAB1.<IPLAN;
   ELSE;