[Geany-Devel] Windows: Webkit-related plugins are going to be removed

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Nov 25 17:22:21 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm afraid we need to remove the Webkit-related plugins (Webhelper,
Markdown Preview) from the Windows installer.

This is because Webkit itself is going to be removed from MSYS2:
https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages/issues/4318

For the upcoming release we could ship the previous version of Webkit
along with the locally cached old version of ICU (i.e. we will ship ICU
61 *and* 62 in the installer).

But I personally would prefer removing the plugins from the Windows
installer immediately for the reasons mentioned in
https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages/issues/4318#issuecomment-436443226
and to prevent us from shipping two ICU versions which bloats the
Windows installer even more.

If there are no objections, I will remove all Webkit-related settings
from the Windows installer next week.