[Geany-Devel] Linker issues with VTE

Lars Paulsen lars_paulsen at xxxxx
Wed Feb 21 21:06:02 UTC 2018

Hi All,

during porting the scope plugin to GTK3 I had to switch from "GdkColor"
<https://developer.gnome.org/gdk3/stable/gdk3-RGBA-Colors.html#GdkRGBA>"GdkRGBA".
The scope code was calling "vte_terminal_set_color_foreground" which
according to the geany header files seems to have a replacement  which I
called instead: "vte_terminal_set_color_foreground_rgba". Since I
replaced the call I get linker errors.

I saw that geany is creating the functions through a macro surrounded by
some version checks. I assume I have to change something on the build
parameters for geany to make it work. Please help.

Best Regards,
Lars