[Geany-Devel] How to force geany-plugins to build against GTK3?

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Tue Feb 20 20:32:28 UTC 2018

Am 20.02.2018 um 18:00 schrieb Lars Paulsen:
> Hello All,
>
> I have a simple question: how can I force geany-plugins to be built
> against GTK3?
>
> I tried "CFLAGS=-dGP_GTK_VERSION_MAJOR=3 ./configure" but that did not
> help. I saw the line "Geany version:                1.33 (GTK2)" in
> the configure output. Do I have to re-build geany with the CFLAGS
> above to make the geany-plugins use GTK3?

Geany-plugins must be compiled against the same GTK version as Geany
core. There is simply no way that GTK2 and 3 co-exist in the same process.

Therefore geany-plugins always follows Geany in this regard.