[Geany-Devel] geany plugins fails to compile with latest pango

Tim Tassonis stuff at xxxxx
Sat Nov 25 00:28:35 UTC 2017

On 11/25/2017 01:09 AM, Lex Trotman wrote:
> On 25 November 2017 at 09:44, Colomban Wendling
> <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:
>> Hey Tim,
>>
>> Le 24/11/2017 à 13:46, Tim Tassonis a écrit :
>>> Pango recently switched from autotools/libtool to meson/ninja and it
>>> seems that geany-plugins can't handle that. The compile/install fails on:
>>>

>>> /bin/sed: can't read /opt/X11/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.la: No such file or
>>> directory
>>> libtool:   error: '/opt/X11/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.la' is not a valid
>>> libtool archive
>
> /opt/X11 is a strange location, have you built your own GTK stack?

Yes, this is a linux from scratch machine. All my X11 stuff is under
/opt/X11 and this works fine, after setting up a few symlinks.

Just if that was not clear: I'm not exactly a newbie to compiling stuff
myself and I have previously successfully compiled and installed
geany-plugins and geany that way before. It's really the pango switch to
meson/ninja that might irritate some packages, as previously I never had
an issue.

Might well be that calling ./autoconf.sh fixes all that.

Bye
Tim