[Geany-Devel] geany plugins fails to compile with latest pango

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Fri Nov 24 23:44:47 UTC 2017

Hey Tim,

Le 24/11/2017 à 13:46, Tim Tassonis a écrit :
> Pango recently switched from autotools/libtool to meson/ninja and it
> seems that geany-plugins can't handle that. The compile/install fails on:
>

> /bin/sed: can't read /opt/X11/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.la: No such file or
> directory
> libtool:   error: '/opt/X11/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.la' is not a valid
> libtool archive
>
> Those files are not installed anymore with latest pango. Is there a fix
> or is pango with meson/ninja not supported?

I don't think .la files are required by autotools/libtool.  For example
I don't have those on my Debian system for any packaged library (Debian
is not shipping .la files for a long time now), and I don't have any
problem.  Maybe you did configure geany-plugins at a time the .la file
existed, and somehow it then expects to find it?  You should try and
re-generating the build system, ideally from a clean clone, but maybe
simply `make distclean` and then `./autogen.sh` again.  If that's not
it, are you 100% sure *no* files in your pango installation is referring
the .la, possibly an outdated one from before their switch that would
still lie somewhere?

Regards,
Colomban