[Geany-Devel] Workbench translation and the use of Directory vs Folder

Lars Paulsen lars_paulsen at xxxxx
Sat Nov 18 08:20:31 UTC 2017

Hi Colomban,

yeah, that names are ambiguous.

Items labeled "Directory" are the root or base directories or external
directories that the user can add. Then these directories are scanned
for sub-directories and files which are displayed in the workbench
project's tree view. So, the base/root/main directory which was
specified by the user is called "Directory". Sub-directories that were
found by scanning them are called "Folder".

Maybe we could name them "External Directory" and "Directory" instead of
"Directory" and "Folder". But I am open to any suggestions.

One remark: the workbench plugin imports the "Base path" from geany's
project properties. This path is always labeled "Base dir".

Best Regards,
Lars