[Geany-Devel] Fold level in symbols pane

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu May 25 12:27:40 UTC 2017

Hi,

you replied only to me, so the others didn't see your answer but will
get it in the quote below.

On 05/25/2017 02:14 PM, Robert Zajda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the answer.
>
> This problem refers to CSS/SASS only.
>

> On 25.05.2017 13:55, Enrico Tröger wrote:
>> On 05/16/2017 09:37 AM, Robert Zajda wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> There is a patch with SASS support 4 geany available on
>>> http://geany.robert.dvu.pl/.
>> I guess this is related to https://github.com/geany/geany/issues/908 ?
>> It would help a lot if you could provide some more text in the issue,
>> even if you just copy it from your website. Or even better, create pull
>> requests for your patches.
>
> Yes this is related, but this issue is only an info (not a problem)
> about patch.

I just noticed the other patch is about the Scintilla CSS lexer only,
you should report this (if not already done) to the Scintilla project
directly.

>>> There is one problem in latest version.
>>>
>>> Fold level in symbols pane is limited to second level. Can anyone help,
>>> how to change that to be infinity?
>> I don't understand exactly what you mean.
>> In the screenshot attached, I have multiple levels including folding of
>> each level, also below level two.
>>
> Yes it works with python an and php. But I made new CSS/SASS ctags file
> which is based on php file.
> Everything is ok except that fold level is limited. This is limited
> somewhere else in the geany code. I can't find it so i'm asking for help.

Ok.
Without having had a look at the code, I would assume that the
limitation is rather in the CTags parser than in Geany's code as it
works well for other filetypes.
Even if it is in Geany, it is most probably in src/symbols.c.