[Geany-Devel] CodeAi Fixes a Null Pointer Dereference

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Thu May 11 20:24:39 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-11 12:40 PM, Benjamin Bales wrote:
> Lex and Matthew,
>
> You seem to disagree on this issue.  Is this a valid issue?  And if so, do
> you like the fix?  I can batch a few of them (<= 10) as a single PR.  No
> problem.

If they're valid bugs (even minor), it certainly doesn't hurt to make a
PR (or even an Issue just giving the info). They'll probably require
more than an automated fix though, to account for formatting/indentation
as well as looking at how it affects the code. Likely they'll need a
human to evaluate what the correct fix is, for example the one given
before is probably not very good as it just guards out code that was
expected to run, rather than figuring out how the code was meant to work
and make it do that.