[Geany-Devel] Adding SystemVerilog Parser

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed May 3 15:22:05 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-03 08:15 AM, Joshua A. Einstein-Curtis wrote:
> To be more precise, is there a reason we aren't instead pulling ctags as a git submodule?

Geany's CTags fork is based off of Exuberant CTags from many years ago
and was heavily modified (by others, anjuta etc) to make it into a
library IDEs can use for tagging. Many of the parsers were modified in
Geany without changes being upstreamed, as upstream is basically dead.

There's been a fair bit of work in synchronizing Geany's fork with
universal-ctags code, with the end goal of being able to use it as a
submodule or direct copy of upstream in whatever fashion. There's still
more work to do though.