[Geany-Devel] Future of THANKS/contributors list inside help dialog

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Thu Mar 9 13:56:44 UTC 2017

Hi,

Currently we have apart of the git list itself two places where we have
added contributors in past, but which look quiet orphaned nowadays:

The contributors-dialog on Geany->Help:

https://github.com/geany/geany/blob/master/src/about.c

and the THANKS-file inside / of the source tree:

https://github.com/geany/geany/blob/master/THANKS

As we got a huge amount of contributors¹ all should get their kudos and
now I'm wondering how we can go on in future with it. There are
contributors for translations, code, documentation, community things
like support, donations (money) etc.

Cheers,
Frank

¹ Openhub https://www.openhub.net/p/geany says we have 42 (hihi)
contributors last year -- not counting po updates where I committed the
po files myself.