[Geany-Devel] [Test] Geany 1.30 Windows binaries for testing

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Mar 5 12:34:20 UTC 2017

Hi,

>>> Any feedback is very welcome.
>>>
>>> Geany and Plugins downloads:
>>> http://download.geany.org/snapshots/geany-1.30nightly20170301_setup.exe
>>> http://download.geany.org/snapshots/geany-plugins-1.30nightly20170301_setup.exe
>>>

>> Works OK for me on a Win7 Pro machine.
>>
>> Only observations are:
>>
>> - Still 32-bit, why not using msys2 in 64-bit mode?

Lazyness.
If we would provide 64bit binaries we probably would have to provide
32bit binaries as well. As long as there are no issues (compability,
performance, dependencies, whatever) with using 32bit binaries on 64bit
platforms, I'd like to keep it this way.

Or anyone else steps up to provide the Windows release support.

>> - The known slow webkit plugin loading issue, it took 30-60 seconds here

Too bad, for me it felt faster but obviously not.

>> - In the installer for GP, the "configure components" page, the
>> description for Dependencies checkbox is very long and the window isn't
>> resizable so the text gets cut off.

Yes, known issue (exists for multiple releases already) but I don't know
a solution. Maybe this gets better when upgrading to NSIS 3.x.

> Oh also, and this will probably be done before release anyway, but the
> copyright date is still 2016 on the installer .exes and the geany.exe
> when you look in the Properties->Details tab in Windows.

Thanks for the pointer, fixed.