[Geany-Devel] [Test] Geany 1.30 Windows binaries for testing

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Mar 5 10:37:18 UTC 2017

On 2017-03-01 02:10 PM, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here are new Windows installers for testing.
> They are built from GIT master.
>
> I could not do any thorough testing yet, just built the installers and
> tested they are working on a first glance.
>
> There are no big changes regarding the Windows platform as far as I can
> tell. But the included libraries are up2date with latest MSYS2 and the
> included "grep" binary is now at version 3.0.
>

> Any feedback is very welcome.
>
> Geany and Plugins downloads:
> http://download.geany.org/snapshots/geany-1.30nightly20170301_setup.exe
> http://download.geany.org/snapshots/geany-plugins-1.30nightly20170301_setup.exe

Works OK for me on a Win7 Pro machine.

Only observations are:

- Still 32-bit, why not using msys2 in 64-bit mode?
- The known slow webkit plugin loading issue, it took 30-60 seconds here
- In the installer for GP, the "configure components" page, the
description for Dependencies checkbox is very long and the window isn't
resizable so the text gets cut off.

Other than those (non-critical) issues, it looks great!