[Geany-Devel] Fwd: Updating Geany doesn't update user's filetypes files

Abel akronix5 at xxxxx
Tue Jun 27 22:43:31 UTC 2017

On 27 June 2017 at 06:50, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> For the future, just visit
> https://lists.geany.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users and subscribe by
> filling in your email address.
> Then you can post to the users mailing list as well.

I filled that that subscribe form twice, in both of them I got this:

Your subscription request has been received, and will soon be acted upon.
> Depending on the configuration of this mailing list, your subscription
> request may have to be first confirmed by you via email, or approved by the
> list moderator. If confirmation is required, you will soon get a
> confirmation email which contains further instructions.

But nothing else.
Curiously, however, I just did it again and I got an appropriate
confirmation letter.

---

Back to the issue, I like to follow the bash configuration idea, you first
have your system-wide configuration and then each user can overwrite
certain configurations in his/hers local file. So, whenever you update
Geany, you would update everything, but the user's specific modifications
of the configuration defaults.

Greetings,

*                                                        Abel.*