[Geany-Devel] Fwd: Updating Geany doesn't update user's filetypes files

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Jun 26 00:36:35 UTC 2017

Le 25/06/2017 à 17:22, Lex Trotman a écrit :
> […]
> As Matthew says the filetype files in the users directory are the
> users own, it would be rude of Geany to overwrite them, since users
> likely want to keep changes they made.  Geany overwrites the system
> filetype files only.  If you want to use that just delete the entries
> in your user filetype files for the things you want to use the system
> files for.  Or delete the user files if you have made no other
> changes.

Exactly: only keep what you actually intend to overwrite in the user
filetypes.  Maybe we should have a comment somehow in those files
mentioning it to suggest that to the users?

Cheers,
Colomban