[Geany-Devel] Plugin interface

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Jun 21 23:39:18 UTC 2017

Hi,

The plugin system has recently been updated but was made backward
compatible, so all the old plugins still run.  So that removed any
incentive for the plugin maintainers (and Geany devs for the core
plugins) to update, so as you say most still use the old system.

The new system supports sub-plugins properly, but the developer who
was working on it has had an attack of the real world and the code
supporting it (at least for Python IIUC) is still in his personal
github.  It may also be able to be extended to other languages such as
JS.