[Geany-Devel] Hooks on calling some functions for plugins?

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Wed Jul 5 07:25:20 UTC 2017

Am 03.07.2017 um 12:33 schrieb Денис Феклушкин:
> Hi!
>
> I am writing D language plugin on D:
> https://github.com/denizzzka/geany_dlang
>
> This plugin isn't adds any new functionality but I planning replace
> already implemented Geany functionality.
>
> Especially, it will replace autocomplete list, tips list, symbol
> searching, syntax highlighting by same D's infrastructural libraries
> calls.
>
> Questions: It is possible to...
>
> ... intercept some Geany to Scintillia messages by a plugin?
> (SCI_AUTOCSHOW, SCI_CALLTIPSHOW)
>
> ... replace call "Go to Symbol Definition"?
>
> ... fill out ctags info from external library instead of internal
> functions?

I would rather ask how the plugin could provide Geany the information to
do proper autocompletion, symbol pane updates and tags on its own.

Maybe we need an interface so that TMTags can be provided by a plugin?

Best regards.