[Geany-Devel] Storing per-project settings for plugins

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Fri Feb 17 03:20:46 UTC 2017

On 2017-02-16 07:33 AM, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> Am 16.02.2017 um 15:55 schrieb Matthew Brush:

>>> Geanypy is not actively developed at this time. Let me suggest to give
>>
>> What does that mean? It's not 100% perfect, but it does what it's
>> intended to do quite well. Should we just start committing random
>> changes so it's "actively developed"?
>

> It's not being updated for new Geany APIs, nor does the upstream
> developer (you :-) review PRs in a timely manner, for a start.

In this particular case, I don't think PyGtk has bindings for GKeyFile
(since ConfigParser was effectively the same), so there's not much point
in GeanyPy just passing a naked C pointer into Python which can't be
manipulated in any meaningful way.

As for new APIs, "the" upstream developer, and making it sound like a
dead project; everyone who wants to contribute is more than welcome.
There are 5 "collaborators" with push access on the Github repo
(including you) and I'd gladly add anyone else who is interested in
contributing. Just because I choose not to spend a lot of time hacking
on something that works well enough for me, doesn't mean it has stop
anyone else from making it better for them.