[Geany-Devel] Storing per-project settings for plugins

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Feb 17 01:19:38 UTC 2017

>> What does that mean? It's not 100% perfect, but it does what it's intended
>> to do quite well. Should we just start committing random changes so it's
>> "actively developed"?
>

> It's not being updated for new Geany APIs, nor does the upstream developer
> (you :-) review PRs in a timely manner, for a start.

Matthew, Thomas, play nice please children. :)

Neither Python solution is perfect.

Geanypy is the available Python solution that is mature(ish) and
distributed, but is GTK2 only, whilst Peasy is GTK3 but still in
Thomas' private repository, incompletely documented (according to
Thomas), and not distributed.

Thats always the way during transitions, the old way gets little love,
whilst the new way is not quite ready yet. :)

As a volunteer open source project nobody is paid to work on Geany, so
we have to allow for the fact that contributors will vary in ability,
interest, availability and we should accommodate their foibles with
patience.

Thanks
Lex