[Geany-Devel] Storing per-project settings for plugins

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Thu Feb 16 11:15:49 UTC 2017

Am 16.02.2017 um 11:58 schrieb Vasiliy Faronov:
> Jiří, Matthew, thanks!
>
> I missed the GKeyFile thing.
>
> Actually, my plugin is written in Python (via Geanypy), and doesn't
> get the GKeyFile on project-open/project-save. Probably because there
> are no Python bindings for it.
>
> But I guess Python's built-in ConfigParser should be enough.

Geanypy is not actively developed at this time. Let me suggest to give
my Peasy plugin a
try, as all the signals should be working there. Peasy is a newer
approach to support Python (and lua)
plugins inside Geany.

https://github.com/kugel-/peasy/

There are also prebuilt debian/ubuntu binaries here (they require a GTK3
built of Geany
which is also available here):

https://deb.tmartitz.de/

Unfortunately I haven't written a migration guide yet but if you have
questions feel free to ask.

Best regards.