[Geany-Devel] Storing per-project settings for plugins

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Wed Feb 15 19:42:46 UTC 2017

Hello Vasiliy,

there should be no problem with your approach (the extra content of the
config file will be preserved by Geany).

However, Geany offers plugins the possibility to read/write from/to the
project config files natively. When you register for the "project-open"
signal, the callback is invoked every time a project is opened and you
receive GKeyFile * config as a parameter from which you can read the
configuration using

https://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/glib-Key-value-file-parser.html

Similarly, when you register for "project-save", you can write your
configuration to the GKeyFile signal parameter. You can also force the
emission of the "project-save" signal by calling project_write_config().

You can check my projectorganizer plugin to see how to use the signals (the
signals are registered in prjorg-main.c). You can also check

http://www.geany.org/manual/reference/pluginsignals_8c.html

Cheers,

Jiri