[Geany-Devel] Helping Geany move forward: testing

Vasiliy Faronov vfaronov at xxxxx
Sat Apr 29 13:15:13 UTC 2017

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 2:58 PM, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
> The vast majority are therefore not testing anything in master prior
> to release, so they are not helping stabilise the release.  Thats no
> help. (Of course users are not expected to help stabilise the
> release).

By the way, I think it might be a good idea to call on users for more testing.

Many of them must be technical people who wouldn't be scared by Git
and may be interested in improvements. At least on Linux, it's
(relatively) easy to build Geany from Git and run it with a copy of
one's normal config. So it's easy and safe to try PRs out at least
briefly.

I mean, at the moment geany.org doesn't even mention testing in its
"Contribute" sections.

--
Vasiliy